980M Wheel Loader | Front Loader | Tier 3
Service Refill Capacities
Dimensions – Standard Lift
Dimensions – High Lift
Service Refill Capacities
Dimensions - High Lift
Dimensions - Standard Lift
Engine - Tier 3/Stage IIIA Equivalent
RELIABILITY YOU CAN COUNT ON
- Cat C13 engine offers increased power density with a combination of proven electronic fuel and air systems.
- Equipped with automatic Cat regeneration system, Cat Clean Emissions Module (CEM) with Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF), and Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) tank and pump (Tier 4 Final and Stage V).
- Features an electric fuel priming pump and a fuel/water separator.
- Thorough component design and machine validation processes result in unmatched reliability and uptime.
LONG TERM VALUE AND DURABILITY
- Increased power, heavy duty transmission, low-profile tires and advanced axle and final drives.
- Heavy-duty transmission and axles handle extreme applications.
- Automatic planetary powershift (4F/4R) transmission features durable, long-lasting components.
- Full-flow hydraulic filtration system with additional loop filtration improves hydraulic system strength and component life.
- With upgraded frames and heavier counterweight, the two-piece structural frame absorbs more impact.
BUILT TO PERFORM
- Increased engine power resulting in improved machineperformance and response.
- Lock-up clutch transmission, matching the engine power toincrease fuel efficiency while delivering optimal performance.
- Easy-to-load performance series buckets improve materialretention and reduce dig times, significantly improving productivityand fuel efficiency.
- Automatic idle engine shutdown system significantly reduces idle time, overall operating hours, and fuel consumption.
- Optional aggregate handler configuration offers higher payload capability for loose aggregate handling.*
* Optional configurations and equipment may vary from region to region and requires conformance to Caterpillar payload policy. Consult your dealer or Caterpillar representative for details.
DO MORE WITH LESS FUEL
- Deep system integration results in lower fuel consumption.
- Significantly more fuel efficient than both the H and K Series loaders.
- Power dense engine burns less fuel by providing power and torque when needed.
- The HEUI™ fuel system boosts performance and reduces soot.
- Standard productive economy mode delivers more fuel savings with minimal productivity impact.
- New split-flow oil system (transmission) uses multi-viscosity oil to improve fuel economy.
DESIGNED FOR OPERATORS
- The next generation easily adjustable seat with updated styling and a revolutionary suspension system. It comes in three trim levels and can be equipped with a 4-point harness.
- Sound-suppression, seals, and damping cab mounts decrease noise and vibration for a quieter work environment.
- The seat-mounted electro-hydraulic joystick steering systemprovides precision control and dramatically reduces arm fatigue, resulting in excellent comfort and accuracy.
- Smart ergonomic controls are easy to use, intuitive, anduser-friendly.
- Touchscreen multi-function color display keeps operators focused.
- The next generation of ride control works as a shock absorber, improving ride quality over rough terrain.
- Inclined steps and convenient grab handles ease accessibility to the operating space.
- Extended windows enhance visibility while convex and spot mirrors extend the driver’s view on the sides and rear.
SAFELY HOME EVERY DAY
- Cab access with wide door, optional remote door opening,and stair-like steps add solid stability.
- Floor-to-ceiling windshield, large mirrors with integratedspot mirrors, and rear-vision camera provide industry leadingall-around visibility.
- Computerized monitoring system includes several warningindicators.
- Rear vision camera enhances visibility behind the machine, helping you work safely and confidently.
- Optional rear object detection radar system warns you of an object in critical zone while going in reverse, enhancing job site safety.
SAVE ON SERVICE AND MAINTENANCE
- Extended service intervals including -
- Engine oil and engine oil filter change interval up to 1000 hours (Tier 4 Final and Stage V)
- Hydraulic filter change interval up to 1000 hours
- Transmission oil change interval up to 2000 hours
- One-piece tilting hood makes cab access fast and easy.
- Electrical service centers enhance convenience and accessibility.
- Buckets and components can be changed without leaving the cab, allowing the machine to quickly move from task to task.
- Access to fuel fill and daily maintenance points means lessservicing time is required.
- Remote flash support.
- Longer tire life with on-the-go traction aids.
- Optional integrated Cat autolube system provides full lube system monitoring and diagnostic test visibility.
TECHNOLOGY THAT GETS WORK DONE
- Developed to monitor, manage, and enhance your job site operations.
- Payload provides accurate weighing* of the materials you are loading and hauling. Payload data is displayed in real-time to improve productivity and reduce overloading.
- Detect enhances awareness of the environment around working equipment and provides alerts to help keep people and assets safe on the job site.
- Link wirelessly connects you to your equipment, giving you access to essential information you need to know to run your business. Gain valuable insight into how your machine or fleet is performing allowing you to make timely, fact-based decisions that can boost job site efficiency and productivity.
- Optional Advanced Productivity subscription providescomprehensive actionable information to help you manage and improve the productivity and profitability of your operations.
* Not legal for trade.
- POWER TRAIN
- Engine, Cat C13 meets Tier 2/Stage II, Tier 3/Stage IIIA equivalent or Tier 4 final/Stage IV emission standards
- Cat Clean Emisions Module (CEM) with Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) and remote Diesel Exhaust Fluid tank and pump
- Fuel priming pump (electric)
- Fuel/water separator
- Precleaner, engine air intake
- Economy mode (selectable)
- Transmission, automatic planetary power shift (4F/4R)
- Torque converter, locking clutch with free wheel stator
- Switch, transmission neutralizer lockout
- Axles, open differential, front and rear
- Axles, ecology drains
- Brakes, full hydraulic enclosed wet-disc with Integrated Braking System (IBS)
- Brake wear indicators
- Parking brake, disc and caliper
- Fan, radiator, on demand
- OPERATOR ENVIRONMENT
- Cab, pressurized and sound suppressed (ROPS/FOPS)
- Viscous mounts
- Multi-function 18 cm (7 in) color LCD touch-screen display for rear vision camera and machine parameters
- Electro-hydraulic controls, SAL (single axis lever) lift and tilt function
- Steering, electro-hydraulic joystick, speed sensing with force feedback
- Radio ready (entertainment) includes antenna, speakers and converter (12V, 10-amp)
- Air conditioner, heater, and defroster (auto temp and fan)
- Electro-hydraulic parking brake
- Beverage holders (2) with storage compartment for cell phone/MP3 player
- Bucket/work tool function lockout
- Coat hook (2)
- Cab air filter
- Ergonomic cab access ladders and handrails
- Horn, electric
- Light, two dome (cab)
- Mirrors, rearview external with integrated spot mirrors
- Post ounted membrane 16 switch keypad
- 3 receptacles, 12V
- Seat, Cat Comfort (cloth) air suspension
- Seat belt, 51 mm (2 in) retractable, with indicator
- Sun visor, front
- Wet-arm wipers/washers front and rear, intermittent front wiper
- Window, sliding (left and right sides)
- Cab tie-off
- COMPUTERIZED MONITORING SYSTEM
- With following gauges: Speedometer/tachometer; Digital gear range indicator; Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) level; Temperature: engine coolant, hydraulic oil, transmission oil; Fuel level
- With following warning indicators: Regeneration; Temperature: axle oil, engine intake manifold; Pressure: engine oil, fuel pressure hi/low, primary steering oil, service brake oil; Battery voltage hi/low; Engine air filter restriction; Hydraulic oil filter restriction; Hydraulic oil low; Parking brake; DEF low level; Transmission filter bypass
- ELECTRICAL AND LIGHTING
- Batteries (2), maintenance free 1,400 CCA
- Ignition key; start/stop switch
- Starter, electric, heavy duty
- Starting and charging system (24V)
- Lighting system: Four halogen work lights (cab mounted); Two halogen roading lights (with signals); Two halogen rear vision lights (hood mounted)
- Alarm, back-up
- Alternator, 145-amp brushed
- Main disconnect switch
- Receptacle start (cables not included)
- CAT CONNECT TECHNOLOGIES
- Link technologies: Product Link
- Detect technologies: rear vision camera
- Linkage, Z-bar, cast crosstube/tilt levers
- Kickout, lift and tilt, automatic (adjustable in cab)
- Hydraulic system, load sensing
- Steering, load sensing
- Ride control, 2V
- Remote diagnostic pressure taps
- Hoses, Cat XT™
- Couplings, Cat O-ring face seal
- Hydraulic oil cooler (swing out)
- Oil sampling valves
- Premixed extended life coolant with freeze protection to -34° C (-29° F)
- OTHER STANDARD EQUIPMENT
- One-piece tilting hood with side and rear doors
- Service centers (electrical and hydraulic)
- Platform, window washing
- Audo idle shutdown
- Fenders, non-metallic front with mud-flap/rear with extension
- Ecology drains for engine, transmission, and hydraulics
- Ether aid ready
- Grill, airborne debris
- Filters: fuel, engine air, engine oil, hydraulic oil, transmission
- Fuel cooler
- Grease zerks
- Hitch, drawbar with pin
- Precleaner rain cap
- Sight gauges: engine coolant, hydraulic oil, and transmission oil level
- Vandalism protection caplocks
- POWER TRAIN
- Axles: Limited slip diferentials, front and/or rear; Axle oil cooler; Extreme temperature seals
- Heavy duty transmission
- Fan, VPF (variable pitch fan), automatic and manual control
- Radiator, high debris with wider fin spacing
- OPERATOR ENVIRONMENT
- Door, remote opening system
- Cover, HVAC metallic
- EH controls, SAL 3rd function
- EH controls, joystick lift and tilt - Additional integrated roller switch for 3rd function
- Filter, carbon fresh air
- Mirrors, heated rearview external with integrated spot mirrors
- Precleaner, HVAC
- Precleaner, HVAC (RESPA)
- Radio, AM/FM/CD/USB/MP3 Bluetooth with Satellite Sirius and XM
- Radio, CB ready
- Seat, heated air suspension
- Seat belt, 76 mm (3 in) retractable, with indicator
- Steering, EH wheel with directional FNR shifter and gear selector - Additional FNR with implement controls
- Roof, metallic
- Steering, secondary
- Sun visor, rear
- Windows, rubber mounted
- Windows, with front guard
- Windows, with heavy duty front guard
- Windows, with full guards front, rear and sides
- ELECTRICAL AND LIGHTING
- Four additional auxiliary halogen cab mounted work lights or
- Two additional auxiliary front HI LED and two additional auxiliary rear LED cab mounted work lights with two LED work lights in the radiator grill and LED front turn signals also includes replacement of the standard four halogen cab mounted work lights with four LED work lights (the standard offering and only roading light available is the halogen roading light)
- Warning amber strobe beacon
- Reversing strobes
- External seat belt indicator light
- Speed limiter - 20 km/h (Europe only)
- STARTERS, BATTERIES, AND ALTERNATORS
- Batteries (4), maintenace free 1,400 CCA with 120V engine coolant heater
- Batteries (4), maintenance free 1,400 CCA with 240V engine coolant heater
- CAT CONNECT TECHNOLOGIES
- Payload technologies: Advanced Productivity subscription; Cat Production Measurement 2.0; Printer; Aggregate Autodig
- Detect technologies: Cat Rear Object Detection
- Machine Security System
- High lift
- Quick coupler ready
- WORK TOOLS
- Performance Series buckets
- Forks, pallet
- Forks, logging
- 3rd function with Ride Control: Standard linkage; High lift linkage; Logger linkage
- Premixed extended life coolant with freeze protection to -50° C (-58° F)
- OTHER OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT
- Cat Autolube System
- Wheel chocks
- Fenders, roading
- Guard, power train
- Oil change, high speed engine
- Fuel tank, fast fill
- Precleaner, turbine
- Precleaner, trash
- OTHER OPTIONAL CONFIGURATIONS
- Aggregate Handler
- Industrial and Waste Handler
- Steel Mill