950M Wheel Loader | Front Loader | Tier 3
Service Refill Capacities
Dimensions – Standard Lift
Dimensions – High Lift
Service Refill Capacities
Dimensions - High Lift
Dimensions - Standard Lift
Engine - Tier 4 Final/Stage IV
RELIABILITY YOU CAN COUNT ON
- Cat C7.1 engine offers increased power density with a combination of proven electronic fuel and air systems.
- Equipped with automatic Cat regeneration system, Cat clean emissions module (CEM) with Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF), and Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) tank and pump (Tier 4 Final, Stage IV, and Stage V only).
- Features an electric fuel priming pump and a fuel/water separator.
- Thorough component design and machine validation processes result in unmatched reliability and uptime.
LONG TERM VALUE AND DURABILITY
- Tough transmission and axles handle extreme applications.
- Automatic powershift (5F/3R) transmission features durable, long-lasting components.
- Full-flow hydraulic filtration system with additional loop filtration improves hydraulic system strength and component life.
- Full hydraulic enclosed wet-disc with Integrated Braking System (IBS) and brake wear indicators add valued safety on the job.
ACHIEVE GREATER PRODUCTIVITY
- Increased engine power resulting in improved machine performance and response.
- With 5-speed transmission and lock-up clutch torque converter, power trains deliver smooth shifting, fast acceleration, and speed on grade for greater performance and fuel efficiency.
- Optimized Z-bar linkage provides high breakout force at ground level along with excellent parallelism for precise work tool control.
- Easy-to-load performance series buckets improve material retention and reduce dig times, significantly improving productivity and fuel efficiency.
- Differential locks are activated on-the-go, which improves traction, resulting in increased productivity while reducing tire scuffing for reduced operating costs.
- Automatic idle engine shutdown system significantly reduces idle time, overall operating hours, and fuel consumption.
DO MORE WITH LESS FUEL
- Deep system integration results in lower fuel consumption.
- Significantly more fuel efficient than both the H and K Series loaders.
- Power dense engine burns less fuel by providing power and torque when needed.
- Significantly improved performance and fuel economy through engine speed and overall system heat load reduction.
- Standard productive economy mode delivers more fuel savings with minimal productivity impact.
TECHNOLOGY THAT GETS WORK DONE
- Developed to monitor, manage, and enhance your job site operations.
- Payload provides accurate weighing* of the materials you are loading and hauling. Payload data is displayed in real-time to improve productivity and reduce overloading.
- Detect enhances awareness of the environment around working equipment and provides alerts to help keep people and assets safe on the job site.
- Link wirelessly connects you to your equipment, giving you access to essential information you need to know to run your business. Gain valuable insight into how your machine or fleet is performing allowing you to make timely, fact-based decisions that can boost job site efficiency and productivity.
- Optional Advanced Productivity subscription provides comprehensive actionable information to help you manage and improve the productivity and profitability of your operations.
* Not legal for trade.
SAFELY HOME EVERY DAY
- Cab access with wide door, optional remote door opening, and stair-like steps add solid stability.
- Floor-to-ceiling windshield, large mirrors with integrated spot mirrors, and rear-vision camera provide industry leading all-around visibility.
- Computerized monitoring system includes several warning indicators.
- Rear vision camera enhances visibility behind the machine, helping you work safely and confidently.
- Optional rear object detection radar system warns you of an object in critical zone while going in reverse, enhancing job site safety.
SAVE ON SERVICE AND MAINTENANCE
- Extended service intervals including -
- Engine oil and engine oil filter change interval up to 1000 hours (Tier 4 Final, Stage IV, and Stage V only)
- Hydraulic filter change interval up to 1000
- Transmission oil change interval up to 2000 hours
- One-piece tilting hood makes cab access fast and easy.
- Electrical service centers enhance convenience and accessibility.
- Access to fuel fill and daily maintenance points means less servicing time is required.
- Optional integrated Cat autolube system provides full lube system monitoring and diagnostic test visibility.
- Remote flash support
- Longer tire life with on-the-go traction aids.
DESIGNED FOR OPERATORS
- The next generation easily adjustable seat with updated styling and a revolutionary suspension system. It comes in three trim levels and can be equipped with a 4-point harness.
- Sound-suppression, seals, and damping cab mounts decrease noise and vibration for a quieter work environment.
- Low-effort conventional steering wheel standard.
- Optional seat-mounted electro-hydraulic joystick steering system provides precision control and dramatically reduces arm fatigue, resulting in excellent comfort and accuracy.
- Electrohydraulic (EH) controls, parking brake, and Single Axis Lever (SAL) lift and tilt function allow for better handling and control management.
- Smart ergonomic controls are easy to use, intuitive, and user-friendly.
- Touchscreen multi-function color display keeps operators focused.
- The next generation of ride control works as a shock absorber, improving ride quality over rough terrain.
- Enhanced inclined steps and convenient grab handles create a secure and accessible operating space.
- Extended windows enhance visibility while convex and spot mirrors extend the driver’s view on the sides and rear.
PURPOSE BUILT SPECIALTY MODELS
INDUSTRIAL & WASTE
- Engineered for work in Transfer Stations, Recycling Depots, Scrap Yards and Demolition Sites.
- Factory installed guarding improves uptime; guards protect axle seals, steering cylinders, crankcase, front frame, powertrain, tilt cylinders, lower caband rear box. Package includesreinforced service centers, heavy duty cable steps, lift cylinder baffles, narrow front fenders, and steel rear fender deflectors.
- Factory installed options available are solid tires, rear machine guard, rubber mounted cab glass, engine precleaner, powered and filtered cab precleaner and variable pitch cooling fan.
- Cat Waste Buckets available separately are Load & Carry, Tamp & Clamp, Dozing, and Grapple can be fitted with steel or rubber cutting edge.
- Designed for efficiency and productivity log and chip handling in paper, pellet and saw mills.
- 950M Forest Machineincludes logger counterweight to maintain stability carrying heavy loads, larger lift and tilt cylinders increase machine capacity 9% over base model.
- Factory optionsavailable are Fusion or VCE quick coupler, 3rd or 4th function hydraulics to operate top or high dump bucket, front windshield guard, variable pitch fan, 9 fins per inch cooler cores, engine precleaner, axle oil coolers and premium LED lighting package.
- Work Tools available separately are Sorting Grapple, Millyard, Logging, Pole and Log & Lumber Forks and Light Material High Dump and Chip Buckets.
- Designed for corrosive environments such as fertilizer plants, chemical industries, agriculture, salt water ports and others.
- Factory protection of all machine components that can be affected by corrosive materials.
- Treatment includes E-Coat cooler cores, additional coating on main hydraulic valve, heat treated shrink sealant on hydraulic hoses, fittings and electrical wiring, all hinges greased, Zerust® vapor enclosure for electronic components, extra heavy duty alternator, turbine engine precleaner and varnish protection on engine compartment, internal chassis and all non-painted metallic parts
- POWER TRAIN
- Engine, Cat C7.1 meets Tier 3/Stage IIIA equivalent or Tier 4 Final/Stage IV emission standards
- Cat Clean Emissions Module (CEM) with Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) and Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) tank and pump (Tier 4 Final/Stage IV models)
- Fuel priming pump (electric)
- Fuel/water separator
- Preclenaer, engine air intake
- Economy Mode (selectable)
- Transmission, automatic countershaft power shift (5F/3R)
- Torque converter, locking clutch with free wheel stator
- Switch, transmission neutralizer lockout
- Axles, manually actuated differential lock front axle, open differential rear axle
- Axles, ecology drains
- Brakes, full hydraulic enclosed wet-disc with Integrated Braking System (IBS)
- Brake wear indicators
- Parking brake, disc and caliper
- Fan, radiator, electronically controlled, hydraulically driven, temperature sensing, on demand
- OPERATOR ENVIRONMENT
- Cab, pressurized and sound suppressed (ROPS/FOPS)
- Viscous mounts
- Multi-function 18 cm (7 in) color LCD touch-screen display for rear vision camera image display (reverse travel activated) and machine status, setting and health parameters
- EH controls, SAL (single axis lever) lift and tilt function
- Steering, steering wheel
- Radio ready (entertainment) includes antenna, speakers and converter (12V, 10-amp)
- Air conditioner, heater, and defroster (auto temp and fan)
- EH parking brake
- Beverage holders (2) with storage compartment for cell phone/MP3 player
- Bucket/work tool function lockout
- Coat hook (2)
- Cab air filter
- Ergonomic cab access ladders and handrails
- Horn, electric
- Light, two dome (cab)
- Mirrors, rearview external with integrated spot mirrors
- Post mounted membrane 16 switch keypad
- 2 receptacles, 12V
- Seat, Cat Comfort (cloth) air suspension
- Seat belt, 51 mm (2 in) retractable, with indicator
- Sun visor, front
- Wet-arm wipers/washers front and rear, intermittent front wiper
- Window, sliding (left and right sides)
- Cab tie-off
- COMPUTERIZED MONITORING SYSTEM
- With following gauges: Speedometer/tachometer; Digital gear range indicator; Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) level (Tier 4 Final/Stage IV models); Temperature: engine coolant, hydraulic oil, transmission oil; Fuel level
- With following warning indicators: Regeneration; Temperature: axle oil, engine intake manifold; Pressure: engine oil, fuel prssure hi/low, primary steering oil, service brake oil; Battery voltage hi/low; Engine air filter restriction; Hydraulic oil filter restriction; Hydraulic oil low; Parking brake; DEF low level (Tier 4 Final/Stage IV models); Transmission filter bypass
- ELECTRICAL AND LIGHTING
- Batteries (2), maintenance free 1,400 CCA
- Ignition key; start/stop switch
- Starter, electric, heavy duty
- Starting and charging system (24V)
- Lighting: Four halogen work lights (cab mounted); Two LED stop, turn, tail lights; Two halogen roading lights (with signals); Two halogen rear vision lights (hood mounted)
- Alarm, back-up
- Alternator, 145-amp brushed
- Main disconnect switch
- Receptable start (cables not included)
- CAT CONNECT TECHNOLOGIES
- Link technologies: Product Link
- Detect technologies: rear vision camera
- Linkage, optimized Z-bar, cast crosstube/tilt lever
- Kickout, lift and tilt, automatic (adjustable in cab)
- Hydraulic system, load sensing
- Steering, load sensing
- Ride control, 2V
- Remote diagnostic pressure taps
- Hoses, Cat XT™
- Couplings, Cat O-ring face seal
- Hydraulic oil cooler (swing out)
- Oil sampling valves
- Premixed extended life coolant with freeze protection to -34° C (-29° F)
- OTHER STANDARD EQUIPMENT
- Hood, non-metallic power tilting
- Service centers (electrical and hydraulic)
- Auto idle shutdown
- Fenders, front with mud-flap/rear with extension
- Ecology drains for engine, transmission, and hydraulics
- Grill, airborne debris
- Filters: fuel, engine air, engine oil, hydraulic oil, transmission
- Fuel cooler
- Grease zerks
- Hitch, drawbar with pin
- Precleaner rain cap
- Sight gauges: engine coolant, hydraulic oil, and transmission oil level
- Vandalism protection caplocks
- POWER TRAIN
- Axles: Automatic front/rear differential locks; Axle oil cooler; Extreme temperature seals; Seal guards
- Fan, VPF (variable pitch fan), automatic and manual control
- Radiator, high debris with wider fin spacing
- OPERATOR ENVIRONMENT
- Door, remote opening system
- Cover, HVAC metallic
- EH controls, SAL 3rd function - Additional roller switch for 4th function
- EH controls, joystick lift and tilt - Additional integrated roller switches for 3rd and 4th functions
- Filter, carbon fresh air
- Mirrors, heated rearview external with integrated spot mirrors
- Precleaner, HVAC
- Precleaner, HVAC (RESPA)
- Radio, AM/FM/CD/USB/MP3 Bluetooth with Sallite Sirius and XM
- Radio, CB ready
- Seat, heated air suspension
- Seat belt, 76 mm (3 in) retractable, with indicator
- Steering, EH joystick, speed sensing with force feedback
- Roof, metallic
- Steering, secondary
- Sun visor, rear
- Windows, rubber mounted
- Windows, with front guard
- Windows, with full guards front, rear and sides
- Full time rear vision display Work Area Vision System (WAVS)
- ELECTRICAL AND LIGHTING
- Four additional auxiliary halogen cab mounted work lights or
- Two additional auxiliary front HI LED and two additional auxiliary rear LED cab mounted work lights with two LED work lights in the raditor grill and LED front turn signals also includesreplacement of the standard four halogen cab mounted work lights with four LED work lights (the standard offering and only roading light available is the halogen roading light)
- Warning amber strobe beacon
- Reversing strobes
- External seat belt indicator light
- Speed limiter - 20 km/h (Europe only)
- STARTERS, BATTERIES, AND ALTERNATORS
- Cold start - 120V
- Cold start - 240V
- CAT CONNECT TECHNOLOGIES
- Link technologies: VIMS™
- Payload technologies: Cat Production Measurement 2.0 (Cat PM); Printer, Cat Production Measurement; Aggregate Autodig
- Detect technologies: Cat Rear Object Detection
- Machine Security System
- High lift
- Extended capacity (962M only)
- Quick coupler ready
- WORK TOOLS
- Performance Series buckets
- Fusion quick coupler
- Forks, pallet
- Forks, logging
- 3rd function with Ride Control: Standard linkage; High lift linkage; Forestry linkage
- 4th function with Ride Control: Standard linkage; High lift linkage; Forestry linkage
- Premixed extended life coolant with freeze protection to -50° C (-58° F)
- OTHER OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT
- Cat Autolube System
- Fenders, roading
- Guard, power train
- Precleaner, turbine
- Precleaner, trash
- Platform, window washing
- Cold weather package: Transmission filter bypass; Fan pump bypass; Jacket water or engine block heater; Ether aid reaady
- OPTIONAL APPLICATION SPECIFIC CONFIGURATIONS
- Industrial & Waste
- Corrosion Resistance