PETERSON TRACTOR CO. PRIVACY STATEMENT
Last Updated June 30, 2023
- Information We Collect
- How We Collect Information
- How We Use Your Information
- How We Share Your Information
- Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
- “Do Not Track” Signals
- Choices About Your Information
- Third Party Links
- Children’s Privacy
- Notice to California Residents
- Notice to Nevada Residents
- How to Contact Us
- Caterpillar Data Governance
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information You Provide When Using Our Sites and Services
“Personal Information” is information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual. We may collect the following Personal Information that you voluntarily provide to us in using our Sites and Services:
- Get a Quote. To get a quote you will provide your name, email address, telephone number, physical address, and any additional information you choose to provide.
- Sign Up for Newsletter. To sign up for our newsletter you will provide your email address.
- Apply for a Career. To apply for a career, you will provide your name, email address, login name, password, and any additional information you choose to provide in your resume. If you chose to use our job inquiry form you will provide your name, email address, and any additional information you choose to provide.
- Job Inquiry Form. To make a job inquiry you will provide your name, email address, telephone number, and any additional information you may choose to provide.
- Email a Job to a Friend. To email a job to a friend, you will provide your name, email address, your friend’s name, email address, and any additional information you choose to provide.
- Online Bill Pay. If you choose to pay a bill online, you will create an account with BillTrust which will require you to provide your name, email address, username, password and any information provided in your security question answers. You may login to online bill pay by providing your BillTrust username name and password.
- Apply for Financing. To apply for financing online, you may apply with a Peterson account or through other services such as the CAT Card program or Caterpillar Financial. If you apply for financing through Peterson you will provide your name, email address, physical business address, business tax ID, and financial information.
- Contact Us. To contact us, you will provide your name, email address, telephone number, physical address, and any additional information you choose to provide.
- Entering a Contest or Promotion. To enter a contest or promotion we may collect your name, address, email address, and type of equipment you own.
- Surveys. When answering a survey, we may collect your name, address, email address, your purchasing habits and type of equipment you own.
Information as You Navigate Our Sites and Services
We automatically collect certain Personal Information through your use of the Sites and Services, such as the following:
- Usage Information. For example, the pages on the Sites you access, the frequency of access, and what you click on while on the Sites.
- Mobile Device Information. Aggregated information about whether the Site is accessed via a mobile device or tablet, the device type, and the carrier.
- Location Information. Location information from visitors of the Sites on a city-regional basis.
We may collect the following information through your use of our web applications and Devices (collectively, “Digital Offerings”). Please note that not all of this information may be considered Personal Information.
- Device, Asset and Component Information. For example, we may collect model number, serial number, order number, software and hardware version numbers, performance, and configuration, including work tools and other peripheral Devices attached to Assets.
- Electronic Data. For example, we may collect sensor logs, trends, histograms, event data, other alerts, digital state data, fault codes, idle time, daily cumulative fuel consumption, emissions data, service meter hours, electronic data files, downloaded manually or automatically from an Asset, troubleshooting data, and other data, depending on the client and Asset and communication channel used by a Device.
- Inspection Data. For example, we may collect results of inspections using a Peterson or third-party inspection system.
- Device Location Information. For example, we may collect physical location of an Asset (e.g., determined using satellite, GPS, cell phone tower, Bluetooth, or Wi-Fi signals).
- Fluid Data. For example, we may collect analysis results of fluid samples (such as oil, hydraulic and coolant fluids) obtained using Peterson or third-party tools.
- Event Recorder Data. For example, we may collect location, speed, direction, and associated video recordings, use of controls and positive train control information.
- Service and Maintenance History. For example, we may collect work orders (records of all maintenance, repairs, parts purchases, replacements, and modifications to an Asset), component life (history of usage and wear life of component), maintenance schedules, planned maintenance warranty coverage data, maintenance and repair contracts, service intervals (scheduled interval for planned maintenance of component replacement activities for an Asset), component lists (lists of parts that make up an Assets), and service letters (describing special service actions recommended by manufacturers to correct a known problem with an Asset).
- Site and Environmental Conditions. For example, we may collect the type of work being done, conditions of roads and tracks, altitude, climate, and material tracking.
- Patterns of Use. For example, we may collect any user-defined information related to a product you provide to us through a Digital Offering.
We may collect the following information through our operations. Please note that not all of this information may be considered Personal Information.
- Transactional Documents Information. For example, we may collect information contained in tenders, invoices, purchase orders, sales contracts, service contracts, e-forms, and other transactional documentation generated as part of a business relationship between us.
- Client Information. For example, we may collect client name, address, industry, client category, and the name, position, email address, telephone number of the client’s designated contact person, and any information relating to client parts, machine purchases, returns or replacements.
- Work Order Data. For example, we may collect information about the client, Assets involved, problems identified, repairs performed, emissions data, fuel usage, service meter hours, software and hardware version numbers and installed attachments.
- Payment Information. For example, we may collect your banking account details, debit card details, credit card details, credit card type (i.e., Visa, Mastercard, American Express), your billing address associated with the credit card, your shipping address and other information that is required to process the payments.
2. HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION.
We collect information in a variety of ways. For example, we collect information that you provide to us through various Contact Centers, information we collect through your use of our products or services, and information we collect from publicly available sources or third parties.
Information You Provide to Us
Information Collected Through Your Use of Our Sites, Products and Services
In addition to the sources described in Section 1, we may collect the following information through your use of our Sites, products, and Services.
- Pre-Installed/Installed Applications/Devices. We may receive information directly via cellular, satellite link, radio, or ethernet connection from Assets equipped with a mobile application or through telematics and similar devices (“Devices”) that were either pre-installed or installed by us.
Information from Third-Party Sources
We may collect the following types of information from publicly and commercially available sources as permitted by law, which we may combine with other information we receive from you.
- Via Caterpillar Inc. or its business affiliates or contractors. We may receive information from Caterpillar or its business affiliates or contractors which have collected information from you via: (i) cellular or satellite link, or radio or Ethernet connection from Assets, which may include System Data (such as information relating to the Device or Asset) or Personal Information (such as from information generated by fatigue monitoring Devices, on-board camera and proximity detection systems, and in-cab monitoring technology); or (ii) Digital Offerings.
- From Component Manufacturers and OEMs: We may obtain System Data from manufacturers of the components in your Assets. This information may be provided to us automatically.
- From Asset Owners and Others: We may receive additional information from Asset owners, operators and other persons who have management responsibility for an Asset.
- From Other Sources: We may receive your information from other sources, such as credit reference agencies, public databases, joint marketing partners, internet, social medial platforms (including from people with whom you are friends or otherwise connected) and from other third parties. We may collect or generate information from troubleshooting data, from your service providers (such as fluid analysts and site inspectors) or from maintenance, inspection or warranty records.
3. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION.
We use the information we collect to provide the Services to you, to improve our Sites and Services, and to protect our legal rights. In addition, we may use the information we collect to:
- Process your account registration;
- Allow you to monitor the status of Assets;
- Process and fulfill your order;
- Fulfill client support agreements;
- Perform maintenance and repairs;
- Deliver Assets or parts;
- Make recommendations regarding safety, Asset health, maintenance, worksite efficiency and productivity training for operators;
- Enhance the safety of machine operations, including by tracking proximity to Assets, other objects or humans;
- Enable remote technician services, such as remote troubleshooting and remote tuning;
- Provide you with location-based services and content;
- Send administrative or contractual information, for example, information regarding our terms and conditions of sale and rent and using out Sites and Services;
- Contact you regarding our products and services and to send you marketing communications that we feel may be of interest to you for which you may opt-out at any time;
- Communicate with you about our Sites or Services or to inform you of any changes to our Sites or Services;
- Communicate with you about your purchase or rental of Assets and your purchase of Asset parts;
- Provide support and customer service;
- Conduct market research;
- Perform data analytics, audits, improve products, develop new products, enhance, improve or modify our Sites and services, identify usage trends and operate our business activities and for statistical analysis based on aggregated and de-identified data, such as bench marking reports;
- Provide services to our clients, manage workflow, monitor repairs, project future maintenance and service, and troubleshoot issues;
- Validate effectiveness of recommendations and resolve complaints;
- Manage Assets and parts inventory in order to provide you with machines, parts and services;
- Manage a fleet of owned or tented Assets;
- Maximize the efficiency of operations and increase sales;
- Develop digital applications;
- Manage your account with us and general keep our records up to date and to administer or relationship with you;
- Review your job application;
- Allow you to participate in sweepstakes, competitions, or similar promotions and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional rules, which could contain additional information about how we use and disclose your information, including Personal Information. We suggest that you read any such rules carefully;
- Protect the security and integrity of our Sites and Services;
- Investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, or violations of our agreements, and to otherwise fulfill our legal obligations;
- Defend our legal rights and the rights of others;
- Fulfill any other purposes for which you provide it, or any other purpose we deem necessary or appropriate;
- Efficiently maintain our business; and
- Comply with applicable law.
4. HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may share the information that we collect about you in the following ways:
- With our parent, subsidiary and affiliate entities, to our manufacturers and their subsidiaries and affiliates, and to contractors, service providers and other third parties used to support our business and the business of our manufacturers;
- With vendors who perform data or Site-related services on our behalf (e.g., email, hosting, maintenance, backup, analysis, etc.);
- With vendors to prepare, deploy and analyze advertising content;
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- To establish, exercise, or defend our or a third party’s legal rights and property, including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention;
- With any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that Personal Information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that Personal Information;
- With any other person or entity as part of any business or asset sale, equity transaction, merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, or in preparation for any of these events;
- With any other person or entity where you consent to the disclosure; and
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the Personal Information or for any other purpose we deem necessary, including to protect the health or safety of others.
5. COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
6. “DO NOT TRACK” SIGNALS
Some internet browsers incorporate a “Do Not Track” feature that signals to websites you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked. Given that there is not a uniform way that browsers communicate the “Do Not Track” signal, the Sites do not currently interpret, respond to, or alter their practices when they receive “Do Not Track” signals.
7. CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
To review or request changes to any of your Personal Information, please contact us as described below. To unsubscribe from our marketing emails, please click the unsubscribe link included in the footer of our emails. You also may submit a request to us using the contact information described below.
We maintain commercially reasonable security measures to protect the Personal Information we collect and store from loss, misuse, destruction, or unauthorized access. However, no security measure or modality of data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. Although we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee absolute security.
9. THIRD PARTY LINKS
10. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
The Sites and Services are not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect, use, or disclose personal information from children under 13.
11. NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
California residents please see our Notice to California Residents, which provides additional information regarding our privacy practices and your rights.
12. NOTICE TO NEVADA RESIDENTS
Nevada law allows Nevada residents to opt out of the sale of certain types of personal information. Subject to several exceptions, Nevada law defines “sale” to mean the exchange of certain types of personal information for monetary consideration to another person. We do not currently sell personal information as defined in the Nevada law. However, if you are a Nevada resident, you still may submit a verified request to opt out of sales and we will record your instructions and incorporate them in the future if our policy changes. You may send opt-out request by e-mail to email@example.com or by mail to the following address:
Peterson Tractor Co.
955 Marina Boulevard
San Leandro, California 94577
Attn: Legal Department, Privacy
14. HOW TO CONTACT US
To contact us for questions or concerns about our privacy policies or practices please contact us by calling 1-844-667-5684 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
15. CATERPILLAR DATA GOVERNANCE
Caterpillar’s Data Governance Statement, together with Caterpillar’s Global Privacy Statement and any applicable Caterpillar Privacy Notices for its digital offering subscriptions, describes Caterpillar’s practices for collecting, sharing, and using data and information relating to machines, products or other assets and their associated worksites–for example to enable Cat® Connect and other Digital Offerings. The Data Governance Statement also describes how Caterpillar may perform remote diagnostics and make available remote software and firmware updates and upgrades, such as configuration, patches, bug fixes, new or enhanced features, etc., for your Assets and Devices. By providing data and information to a dealer as described herein or to Caterpillar as described in Caterpillar’s Global Data Privacy Statement, which can be found here - https://www.caterpillar.com/dataprivacy?_ga=2.233394646.973886883.1626118254-307342614.1624660210, you agree to its terms as it may be revised from time to time.