By replying with #YesPeterson, I agree to the following terms, and grant all of the rights listed below to Peterson Holding Company and its subsidiaries and affiliated companies, and their respective successors and assigns (collectively, "Peterson"):
1. Released Material
- I grant the right to repost, republish, edit, display and/or perform the photograph, video, graphic, art, or other item which Peterson has asked permission to use (“Content”) to Peterson. The Content includes any text, sound recording or other material published together with the main image, video, graphic or art.
- My grant to Peterson is nonexclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, fully-sublicensable, fully paid up, and applies worldwide, in any media that now exists or may exist in the future. I understand that Peterson may use the Content on a variety of websites and social media platforms, and in other print, audio and video marketing and advertising campaigns, including for promoting and publicizing Peterson. I understand that I have no right of approval and Peterson may alter or edit the Content as it chooses.
- I grant Peterson permission to use my name and/or social media handle to provide attribution of the Content wherever Peterson publishes it, but I acknowledge that Peterson is not obligated to provide attribution where it is not reasonably practical to do so.
- I irrevocably waive any and all so-called moral rights I may have in the Content.
- I understand that I own the copyright in the Content and that I can authorize others to use it in addition to Peterson, but my rights only apply to my original Content. If Peterson alters or edits my Content, I do not have the right to authorize anyone else to use Peterson’s edited version of my Content. If I want to republish the Content with Peterson’s changes, I understand that I need to e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org and ask for permission.
2. Publicity Release
- I waive all my claims to a right of publicity and consent to Peterson’s use of the Content for advertising its company and any related companies, even if the Content or my associated social media handle includes my photograph, likeness, voice, name, signature or any other personal information about me.
- If I want my Content removed from places where Peterson has used it, I will send an e-mail message to: email@example.com with the subject line “Social Media Content Removal” and ask for my Content to be taken down and specifying what Content.
- Peterson agrees to make a good faith effort to remove my Content from wherever Peterson has posted it, but I acknowledge that my Content may have been re-posted by third parties over whom Peterson has no control.
4. Representations and Warranties
I represent and warrant:
- I am 18 years old or older and am legally able to agree to these terms;
- I own the Content and have the legal right to post it;
- I have the legal right to give Peterson permission to use the Content, and Peterson will not infringe on any intellectual property rights of any third parties, including a right of publicity, copyright, trademark or patent, by using the Content under the terms of this agreement;
- The Content contains no illegal, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous, or libelous or otherwise inappropriate behavior or material; and
- The Content does not contain any advertising or other commercial content for any party other than Peterson.
5. Liability for False Statements; Indemnity
- I understand that I will be legally liable to Peterson if any of my representations and warranties above are not true.
- I agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Peterson from and against any and all claims, lawsuits, demands, actions or other proceedings of any kind brought against it by any third party and from any and all damages, liabilities, costs and expenses, including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys' fees and costs awarded against or otherwise incurred by Peterson in connection with or arising from any such claim, lawsuit, action, demand or other proceeding: (a) relating to or arising out of any breach or alleged breach of any of my warranties, representations or agreements hereunder, (b) violation of this agreement, or (c) violation of any law(s), regulation(s) or third party rights.
6. Personal Contact
- I understand that if a third party tells Peterson that the Content belongs to them and that I had no right to approve Peterson using it, Peterson may need to contact me.
- I agree to respond to Peterson in the future if Peterson has questions about my rights in the Content or has received a DMCA Takedown Notice from a third party and if I fail to respond promptly, I hereby authorize any third party social media platform, including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest or other forum, on which I communicated with Peterson to approve Peterson’s use of the Content to provide Peterson with a personal email address or other mechanism for contacting me.
7. No Obligation to Use
- I understand Peterson is not obligated to use the Content and may stop using it at any time and for any reason.