Cat 906 Compact Wheel Loader
Service Refill Capacities
Loader Hydraulic System
Dimensions - With HPL-V Coupler - Approximate#
Dimensions - With SSL Coupler - Approximate
CONFIGURED FOR SUCCESS
- Cat® wheel loaders set the standard for productivity, fuel efficiency and operator comfort. The Cat 906 Compact Wheel Loader has a high torque C2.8 engine that works in conjunction with an intelligent hystat power train to deliver exceptional fuel efficiency. Dependent on regional requirements our engines meet U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final and EU Stage V emission standards with a clean emission module designed to manage itself so you can concentrate on the task at hand or emit equivalent to U.S. EPA Tier 3 and EU Stage IIIA.
ENJOY ALL DAY COMFORT
- All new cab is spacious, quiet and comfortable with all around 360° visibility to keep you productive throughout the day. Seat-mounted controls feature a multifunction joystick for lift and tilt functions with an integrated thumb operated speed range, forward/neutral/reverse (FNR) switch, trigger operated differential lock and constant flow. Optional fourth function joystick also available.
- Digital display with soft touch buttons for customized settings to easily control linkage and drive train to further enhance operator comfort and safety.
- Cat C2.8 engine provides a cleaner, quieter operation while delivering superior performance and durability through a high torque, low speed design. Caterpillar’s exclusive Intelligent Power Management system monitors operator input and available power to keep the machine working at peak efficiency.
- “Shift on the go” locking differentials and hydrostatic transmission provide smooth and powerful operation while increasing the efficiency of machine cycles. New Powertrain (Utility) Mode via the display enables right pedal machine operation giving further improved operator controllability of attachment RPM versus machine ground speed over creep control and inching pedal.
WORK MADE EASY
- All-in-one joystick to keep eyes on the work while maximizing operation of hydro-mechanical attachments with a state of the art pressure compensated electro-hydraulic system. Optimized Z-bar linkage for great performance and versatility with buckets that now have the DNA of the larger Cat loaders, such as curved side plates and a flat torque tube for parallel reference to the cutting edge.
CUSTOMIZE YOUR EXPERIENCE
- Work as one with your machine by customizing the controls. Operator can adjust machine responsiveness with the push of a button based on the attachment or application. Once customized, settings can be locked with “simplified mode” to ensure the machine is consistent and intuitive for every user.
- Machine security is enhanced with a standard keycode or optional Bluetooth® technology.
PURPOSE BUILT SPECIALTY MODELS
- Machines can be built to meet industry and application specific needs: Agriculture, General Construction, Industrial and Waste, Landscaping or Snow Removal.
- The 906 is availble with the following specific handler arrangements: Ag Handler and Waste Handler
AFTERMARKET AND SERVICES
- Range of services and aftermarket retrofits and upgrades available to keep your machine going and configured for your application.
- Service and maintenance parts available, including a range of self-service options (SSO) and dealer installed kits.
- Integrated Technology available to reduce service costs and maintenance.
- The Cat® C2.8 engine meets U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final and EU Stage V emission standards.
- Engine Idle Shutdown Timer reduces fuel burn, greenhouse gas emissions and unnecessary idle time by shutting down the machine after a pre-set idling period.
- Remote Troubleshoot decreases maintenance time and keeps your machine running with maximum efficiency by allowing your Cat dealer to virtually test the machine while working. Once a problem is identified, a technician can fix it the first time, saving time and money.
- Remote Flash minimizes downtime and maintenance time while keeping your asset running with maximum efficiency. Alerts for machine updates are sent virtually from your Cat dealer and updates can be deployed without a dealer technician needing to be onsite.
- Advanced Electro Hydraulic System provides the optimum balance of power and efficiency while giving you the control you need for your precise jobsite requirements.
- Engine Demand Fan is hydraulically driven to provide machine cooling only when needed, improving fuel efficiency and reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
- Hydrostatic Transmission is an efficient way to transfer engine power to the wheels at low speeds versus a torque converter.
- Efficient HVAC regulates temperature control. No need to leave the machine running to cool the cab.
- Shift on the go transmission, means no need to stop so you keep your momentum.
- Product Link™
- Service (Electronic Technician™)
- Lights, roading, front halogen
- Lights, rear stop and turn, LED
- Cab mounted fuse panel
- Battery disconnect switch
- Battery, heavy duty, 12V, 90Ah and 1,000 CCA
- Alternator, 100 amp sealed
- Motor, single drive with dedicated implement and steering pumps
- Multi-function lift and tilt with loader arm float
- Joystick, single lever, single auxiliary roller
- Implement valve, pressure compensated
- Hystat displacement pump, infinitely variable
- Caterpillar HYDO™ Advanced 10 hydraulic oil
- Coupler/pin on attachment ready
- Demand cooling fan, hydraulically driven
- Dead engine lower, lift valve, manual
- Electro-hydraulic, fully proportional controls
- Hydraulic pilot shut off switch, in cab
- OPERATOR ENVIRONMENT
– Doors (2), fixed glass
– Wipers, front and rear, full front coverage
– Windshield, front single piece
– Window, rear heated
– Radio ready, speakers and wiring
– Air vents, (4) screen, (7) directional
– Heating, mechanical control unit
– Sun visor, solid, front full width
– Interior light (incandescent)
- Seat, manual height adjustment, (cab) fabric with adjustable left arm rest, (canopy) vinyl
- Joystick, seat mounted, standard multifunction
– FNR, auxiliary roller, speed range select, continuous flow, differential lock, horn
– Arm rest, padded right, multiple position vertical height
- Display, analog and digital
– Gauges (2), hydraulic oil, engine coolant
– Digital with soft touch buttons – fuel level, speed range, speedometer, service hour meter, service/maintenance information, hydraulic and power train performance and aggressiveness settings, security passcode (multiple languages)
- ROPS/FOPS certified canopy/cab
– 12V power outlets, interior/exterior
– Pedals, raised, foot, brake/inching, accelerator
– Lever, parking brake
– Cup holders (2)
– CB radio clip, phone holder
– Door release, internal (left and right)
– Hook, large, coat and hard hat
– Floormat, heavy duty, easy clean
– Mirrors, (2) external breakaway, (1) internal
– Operator station on isolation mounts
– Steering wheel, spinner knob, horn in center
– Seat belt, orange, retractable, 51 mm (2 in)
– Storage, personal (trays , seat pocket)
– Steering column, tilt adjusted
– Column mounted multi function control: lights, roading, wipers, self cancelling turn signals
– Quick coupler switch, in cab
- Scheduled Oil Sampling (S·O·S℠) ports, engine oil and hydraulic oil
- Recovery hitch with pin
- Paint, Electro-Coat primer, gloss topcoat
- Machine lifting/tie down points
- Lockable, fuel cap, HVAC filters, nose cone
- Lockable main and side engine enclosures
- Loader arm safety brace
- Ground level easy access daily service points
- Fenders, front and rear
- POWER TRAIN
- Fuel pump, priming (manual)/water separator/drain
- Engine oil, ECO drain tap and hose
- Engine, auto idle shutdown, hibernation mode
- Drive shaft, sealed for life, universal joints
- Coolant, extended life, –36° C (–33° F)
- Closed circuit breather
- Axles, heavy duty, frame mounted with outboard planetary reduction
- Air cleaner, two stage filter, with in cab audio/visual indicator on display
- Cat C2.8 engine
– Diesel particulate filter (Fit for Life) or muffler (Dependent on regional regulations.)
– Fuel, diesel, ultra low or low Sulphur (Dependent on regional regulations.)
– Hydrostatic transmission, two speed, with inching function, “shift on the go”
– Power train mode, hystat
- Emissions compliant, two options (Dependent on regional regulations.)
– U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final and EU Stage V
– U.S. EPA Tier 3 and EU Stage IIIA equivalent
- Work tool wiring harness, (3) in cab switches
- Push to start
- Lighting packages, multiple; front, rear, engine bay (LED or HAL)
- Quick disconnect auxiliary hydraulics
- Reversing fan
- Ride Control or load check valves (Dependent on regional regulations.)
- Connect under pressure and case drain
- Caterpillar Bio HYDO Advanced hydraulic oil
- Auxiliary flow, single standard (3) valve, single high flow (3) valve, dual high flow (4) valve
- OPERATOR STATION
- USB ports (2), interior
- Sun visor, rear perforated
- Storage, lockable box or lockable cooled box
- Soft touch keypad options, 8 or 16 button
- Secondary display, front or rear view camera
- Seat packages; deluxe or premium
- Seat belt options, multiple
- Radio, FM or digital audio broadcast
- Phone holder, spring loaded
- Mirrors (2) electronically adjustable, heated external, plus lower parabolic mirror
- Joystick, seat mounted, multifunction
- Interior light, door activated
- FNR, twin auxiliary roller, continuous flow, differential lock, horn
- Doors, sliding windows (left and right)
- Air Conditioning, automatic temperature control (ATC)
- Rotary sensors (snubbing, kickouts, parallel)
- Couplers, vertical (SSL), horizontal (HPL-V, HPL-A)
- POWER TRAIN
- Power train mode, utility (includes keypad)
- Hydrostatic transmission, 3-speed, “shift on the go”, secondary steering and boosted brakes
- Fuel pump, priming (Higher regulated countries), electric (Dependent on regional regulations.)
- Creep and throttle lock function
- Cold start – jacket water heater, bypass valve
- Antifreeze, extended life coolant, –50° C (–58° F)